L is for April Lindner

Saturday 13 April 2013



   Bonjour! L is for an awesome author, April Linder, author of Jane and Catherine, two books that are based on classic stories, Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights, but with a twist!

   Okay, so lets start off with the first book she wrote, that was the best one, Jane. Jane takes place in a world, similar to ours, where Jane Moore is forced to drop out of an East Coast Collage after her parents' sudden death. 



    Uh huh, so you are listening! Anywho, Jane takes a nanny job at the estate of famous rock star, Nico Rathburn. Independant and confident, Jane soon begins to enroll a romance with the hunky star, and begins to discover a mystery about the estate. Torn between love and mysteries, Jane has to decide whether love should be taken a chance with, if a secret unfolds in between.



      



    This is how I felt after I finished this book. Jane was the perfect book for me, because I adore romance, and a little mystery in-between. Nico might've sounded stubborn, but he turned into a great male character. So, the lesson of this book is to take a chance with love, because you may have found the "one."


    Next, Catherine. Catherine was released this year, prior to Jane, kind of as a spinoff to Wuthering Heights, by Emily Bronte. Catherine takes place with two points of view, Catherine's, and Chelsea's, in two different time periods, the 80's and I guess, modern day? 
     Catherine is your average teenager, with a not-so-average life. Her father owns an underground nightclub, The Underground, in Manhattan. When she meets the mysterious Hence, she falls in love immediately with the talented musician.  But when their love is tested by a true amount of fate, can the two still be together by the end?
     Chelsea always had believed that her mom died of an illness years ago, but when she discovers a letter her dad's been hiding from her for years, a letter stating that she went missing, Chelsea has to go seek for her, and the first place she goes to, the place where it all began, The Underground. Taken in two points of views, two different lives, April Lindner truly showed her side of things in this novel.

     Catherine surprised me. I truly thought that it'd be five stars, but I gave it four, because it wasn't as strong as Jane. Although Jane was better, I still enjoyed Catherine very much, with the romance, mystery, and time periods. A great story for any teens seeking a good mystery-romance novel.

      Overall, I dedicated this post to April Lindner, because she is a fantastic author. Her storylines actually place you in her stories, filling you with thousands of thoughts keeping you awake for hours. Jane and Catherine fufilled my requirements of a great book, and went beyond. 



Question of The Day: What is your favourite classic book? Do you think that there should be a spinoff book, such as Jane or Catherine?



3 comments :

  1. Sounds like an interesting concept. It can be so tricky to tackle a classic. Maybe Lord of the Rings. It's the first one that popped into my head. Hmmm.

    Hope you are having fun with A to Z. This is my first visit to your blog. I'll be back!

    L = Leit-Motif

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't read The Lord of the Rings, I'm not into those type of books, but it sure is a classic for many readers!
      I am having loads of fun doing this! I wish that I started blogging a long time ago! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad to have found your blog. I've only just now discovered John Green but haven't read any of the other books on you a-Z list. Great suggestions. I'll be back too

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!