H is for The Host!

Tuesday 9 April 2013




      Hello Wanderers and Souls! Today I am present to blog to you about one of my favourite novels of all-time, The Host, by Stephenie Meyer! Now, we have to give some credit to this amazing author, right? She has written the Twilight Saga, which has sold millions of copies worldwide, and even became into movies!

      The Host, over here, is an adult novel, even though I've read it, and was released on May 6, 2008, by Little Brown and Company.

      The Host takes place in an urban, futuristic world, where it has been invaded by a species that takes over the minds of human hosts, leaving their bodies to themselves. When Wanderer, a soul that has taken over Melanie Stryder's body, starts to hear Melanie's thoughts, she knows that something's wrong. Melanie starts to fill Wanderer's thoughts with memories of her past life, with her boyfriend, Jared, and her brother Jamie, Wanda knows that she has to go find them, and help them survive...

      The Host has a special place in my heart, it's unstoppable. You can't put it down, even though there is some confusion in the beginning, between Melanie's thoughts, and Wanderer's thoughts, but you'll figure it out, and you'll be like, "Ohh, now I get it." This isn't a love triangle, IT'S A LOVE BOX! (Inside joke for the hosters here.) Jeb and the rest of the humans lightened my world, bringing the bright light towards me. Ian and Jared are much better than Edward and Jacob! Move over, Jace and Clary, there's two more IT couples in the fictional world!

       The Host has thrilled so many fans, that a movie has been created, and just came out, on March 29, 2013 at your local theater! Saorirse Ronan, actress of The Lovely Bones, plays as Melanie/Wanda, while Max Irons plays Jared, and Jake Abel plays Ian! I went to watch the movie right on the release date, because I'm obsessed, and it was almost, I said almost, as good as the book! But hey, the book's always better than the movie!



I know it's a HUGE book, 619 pages, but hey, why don't you give it a try?

       

1 comment :

  1. I absolutely love this book! Although it was difficult to get into as nothing made sense in the beginning, I'm so glad I stuck to it! Great choice for H!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!