R is for Veronica Rossi

Saturday 20 April 2013



     Hi everyone! I just finished reading 'Under The Never Sky,' and it's perfect for today's post because the author's last name starts with 'R'!

     Title: Under The Never Sky
     Author: Veronica Rossi
     Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
     Release Date: January 3, 2012
     Publisher: HarperCollins
     Age Group: YA


     Wow! I adored this book! No. I didn't, although I've heard many good things about this novel. I thought that it was average, and predictable. Under the Never Sky was dull, and average, and I wouldn't recommend it. 

Aria has enough of her overprotected live in a dome in the city of Reverie. When her mother goes missing, she knows that she has a little chance of survival. Aria starts to live in the wastelands outside her home, when she meets Perry. Perry is wild, reckless and also fighting for survival. When Aria and Perry make a deal with each other to stick together and fight for survival, they realize that not only they are both fighting for the same thing, they are fighting for each other's love.

I had mixed feelings about this one. I felt as if the beginning didn't catch my attention. Too much was happening, and I felt as if i wasn't caught into the "net."

Aria wasn't the strongest heroine, at all. I felt as if she didn't know what to do, and she had to rely on other people for survival. She wanted to be the boss, but she could never be.

When Perry's first appeared into the book, I never would think that he's a bad boy. He wanted to save his nephew from his abusive drunk father, and when he went missing, his life fell to pieces.

I have one suggestion for the author; sink your readers into the book, don't let them out. I find that many authors never have that problem, authors such as Cynthia Hand, Colleen Houck, Ally Condie, Veronica Roth or Kami Garcia. But, Rossi does have this, and I know it.

What striked me into giving this a higher rating, was the relationship between Roar and Aria, I felt as if they maybe should have ended up together instead. They were both passionate, and wanted the best for everyone around them, while Perry didn't care, only for himself and his nephew.

Veronica Rossi didn't please me too much on this one, I predicted that it'd be much better indeed.

















1 comment :

  1. Hello! I haven't read this book, but a lot of people like it. I'll have to add it to my to-read list.

    Happy A to Z-ing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!