D is for Delirium and Divergent

Thursday 4 April 2013
 




   Hey everyone! Sorry I didn't post today's day challenge earlier, my best friend and I, (go to her blog, http://thequeenoffangirling.blogspot.com/ !) had to work on a model doghouse for school. We have to add insulation to keep it warm for the winter and cool for the summer. It's so much work!
      Anyways, today is D Day, not doomsday, the letter D for the A-Z Challenge? My book choices are Divergent by Veronica Roth, and Delirium by Lauren Oliver, two of my favourites of all time!
  
      First, lets talk Delirium, according to alphabetical order. Delirium was released on February 12, 2012 by HarperCollins. Delirium takes place in Portland, Maine, where a dystopian futuristic society believes that love is a disease, and on everyone's 18th birthday, you go for a surgery that prevents you from getting the disease. Lena can't wait, she's 17, and has to wait just a few more months until she gets the cure. Then, she falls in love, and her whole life changes...
        
        Delirium made my mind spin, in a good way. I was speechless by the end of the book, because how can such an amazing author write an even MORE amazinger (is that a word?) book?! It was phonomenally written, Oliver put passion into her words, and the details were perfection. 
         
      Pandemonium and Requiem are the two final books, written with love, and bringing its readers to their FULL attention. 
      
      ATTENTION: EVERYONE, GO OUT, AND PICK UP THIS BOOK. IT'S WORTH EVERY PENNY. 
       
       Now, DIvergent. Hmm.. D's are amazing, aren't they? 
  
       Divergent, was released on May 3, 2011, by Katherine Tegan Books. It has been a #1 NY Times Bestseller, bringing fandoms to their full extent. Beatrice Prior lives in a Chicago dystopian world, where at 16, you take a test to find what faction you're in, Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). She discovers a secret, about herself, and has to struggle between who's her friend, or if love is really worth it. Every fangirl, like me would adore this book, 100%, with its truthfulness, romance, and likewise to touch everyone's heart, inside and out.

      As Delirium, I adored this book, in the same way. Fighting, romance, fighting, romance. Everything's perfect! 



The Lesson That You Learned: Hmm... I have to go pick up this book, A.S.A.P!

13 comments :

  1. Delirium sounds quirky but intriguing. Thanks for featuring it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I want everyone to read these books, because they are so inspiring!

      Delete
  2. You have inspired me to download this book. Good luck on the A-Z challenge and the dog house.

    Kate
    http://katloveswriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle,

    I'm here thanks to Marta. You're a young inspiration. Enjoy the challenge. (I did it a few years back, but didn't have it in me this year). Kudos to you for jumping in.

    Cheers,
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you! Marta just made my day, and you did too! :)

      Delete
  4. I've read Divergent and enjoyed it, but have yet to read Delirium. I'm going to add it to my wish list, though. Thanks for the reviews!

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Divergent as well. My heart broke when some people died (won't say who not to spoil it). Now I have to get on Delirium:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Divergent's last book is coming out in October! I can't wait! You will enjoy Delirium so much! I kind of think that the two books are similar, in some way. See you tomorrow!

      Delete
  6. I've never read either, but it sounds like I need to.
    http://www.melanieschulz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have to! They truly changed the world! :D

      Delete
  7. Wow, they both sound fantastic! I'll have to read them soon:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!