N is for Alyson Nöel

Tuesday 16 April 2013









     Spring is finally here! Alyson Nöel's books' colours remind me that summer is finally coming, and that I have to catch up on more of her books! So... N is for Alyson Nöel, an extraordinary young adult author. 
   
   First off, lets start off with the single novels, Art Geeks and Prom Queens, and Kiss & Blog. Art Geeks and Prom Queens is about sixteen-year old Rio Jones, whose mother is a supermodel, who moves from bright New York to sunny California, where everything is about being popular. When she meets Kristi, a beautiful, rich cheerleader, Rio doesn't have one guess that she'll become her friend, but she does. At first as Rio is having a great time, she never realized that you don't cross Kristi...
   
   I've been wanting to read this one for a while, and here I did, and I really loved it! Rio was smart, fun and everything a girl would want themselves to be like. I really liked this book because Rio put confidence in herself and was independent. She stood up for herself against the stupid girls who think the world revolves around them. It's the perfect girly book that will keep you running away from those who turn your world upside down!

   Next off, we have Kiss & Blog, another single novel. Kiss & Blog features Winter and Sloane, two best friends ready for high school, where they make a pact that they will become noticed. When Sloane gets the real life, and ditches Winter, Winter needs to realize that friends should stick together, even in their times of need, and to get revenge. 

  Kiss & Blog was one worthy read. I enjoyed this book a lot, it was a fun, girly, chick-lit for any teen, lovers of The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants. Winter was a really strong heroine, but I hated her Sloane! ! I knew she was up to something! Although Alyson Noel was stronger in Art Geeks and Prom Queens, I enjoyed this book as well.

  Radiance. Radiance is a four-part series written for a tween audience, by Alyson here. Riley Bloom has crossed into the afterlife, the Here, where time is always Now, because of her death in a car accident, that also took the life of her parents, but left her sister, Ever, behind. She's picked up a happy new life where she's been assigned a job, to become a Soul Seeker, and fight ghosts with her "teacher," Bodhi. This time around, both Riley and Bodhi have to find the mysterious Radiant Boy, a ghost that's been haunting a castle in England for centuries. 

   Radiance and the rest of the series made my heart literally swim, and fly, in this case. Alyson showed that she could write both fantasy, and romance, in one, to truly satisfy her readers. I enjoyed the series very much, and I hope that Nöel will soon start a series on a new concept. 

   Last but not least, Evermore. Evermore is about Ever, who lost her parents and her younger sister, Riley (Yes, there's a relation.) in a car accident. As she comes back into Earth, she realizes that she could see people's auras and know someone's life story by simply touching them. She is brought to a new high school where everything changes when she meets Damon. Damon draws Ever into his world of secrets and mystery and falls in love, when she finds he's like her, an immortal.
   
   Evermore was amazing. Damon and Ever truly showed physical romance, that you can't keep apart. Nöel wrote as if in a way that she takes Ever's role in life very seriously. GO EVERMORE!

   I chose Alyson Nöel because she's a great inspirational author for young readers, showing that you could be anything you want to be, and that dreams can simply come true. I adore her books, and will definitely keep on reading the rest of the Immortal series very soon!


QOTD: Who is your favourite author, and why? 
   

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!