A is for Alice In Zombieland

Monday 1 April 2013
    Today is the first post of the A-Z challenge this year, and for today, A is for Alice In Zombieland! What is better than featuring a book, that's beautiful, and has a phonomenon that many people are obsessed with, the walking dead, also known as zombies?    
    Alice In Zombieland, an young adult novel, by Gena Showalter, is the first book in the White Rabbit Chronicles, was released on September 25, 2012, by Harlequin Teen, with a hardcover edition, and 404 pages. 
    Many people enjoy this book, with its Goodreads average rating, 4.07 and 1,238 reviews. Gena Showalter has announced that the sequel, Through The Zombie Glass, will be released on September 24, this year (2013) in a hardcover edition with 304 pages.
     As I said, many people enjoy this book, but I wasn't one of them. Lesson 1. Do not ever, ever I tell you, judge a book by its cover. Sadly, I did for this one. It's so stunning! With its layout, colours and fab, any reader would want to buy it, right? I did too. In my opinion, it wasn't as good as the public says it is. I highly expected it to be "AMAZING" but, it wasn't. Zombies are something that many people are becoming obsessed with, and I guess I thought that I would see the passion of her writing using these characters. First of all, the title. Why would she even call the book, "Alice In Zombieland?" It doesn't make sense, because it has nothing to do with Alice In Wonderland, and her world is normal like ours, she doesn't leave Earth, into another "land." She's a zombie slayer, there's no point in this.    
      Okay. So, I was hooked into this, as well. At first, I loved the beginning. Ali's father never let her or her family go outside at night because he believes that there's monsters out there, as you can probably tell, zombies. But, when Ali's birthday comes, her family forgets about it. When she reminds them, Ali's mother wants to do something for her. Ali wishes that the whole family could go to her sister's dance recital, at that night, but she makes the wrong wish....
      Anyways, I'm not going to summarize this all for you. You get it, at least I hope so. I rate this book a 3/5 stars, because it didn't WOW me. The male character, Cole was very dull, and didn't seem to love Ali as other boys do to their girlfriends in other books. I wanted more zombie, more thrill, and more romance. 

So, this was today's book for the letter A, we'll see what tomorrow brings, right?


REMEMBER, DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER. 





13 comments :

  1. Great review, Marta. I'm an author of adult urban fantasy taking part in the A to Z Challenge, too. Trying to connect with as many other book lovers as possible! Good luck with the rest of the month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm Marta's friend, my name's Michelle. Books are awesome, aren't they?

      Delete
  2. So proud of you Michelle! Way to go! You'll get to meet many awesome bloggers in this challenge. I'm looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for introducing me to the fun of blogging! This is happening only because of you!

      Delete
  3. I learnt a while back never to judge a book by its cover. That's one of my favorite quotes actually. The book does sound intriguing. It's a shame it didn't live up to your expectations for it.

    Thanks for dropping by at my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally. I've learnt my lesson now. :) Your welcome, and thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  4. I was halfway through it during Jan. and I just had to put it down because it kind of bored me. It was far from Alice in Wonderland although I love how the characters were kick-ass. I'm doing the a-to-z challenge too!

    Leigh
    Little Book Star

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally someone agrees with me! Cole reminded me of the characters in The Outsiders, much like a gangster-bad boy type. :)

      Delete
  5. I keep meaning to read it but something always stops me from hitting the purchase button. Seeing your review makes me a little happy that I haven't spent the money on it. Thanks.

    Happy A-Zing!

    Amanda from homevenn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Don't spend your money on this! There's much better books out there!

      Michelle

      Delete
  6. I am not a fan of zombie novels so would have been most unlikely to pick this one up... Like your review though, it kind of makes me want to try the novel just so I can agree with you :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog by the way. Look forward to your posts this month!

    Con from flexnib.com, doing the A-Z Challenge in Western Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much! It means a lot to me to hear that someone enjoys my posts. :)

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!