W is for Wither

Friday 26 April 2013













     "Fate, I think, is a thief."


       It sure is...


      This quote from the exceptional novel by Lauren DeStefano, Wither.


      Title: Wither
      Author: Lauren DeStefano
      Rating: 4/5 stars
      Release Date: March 22, 2011
      Publisher: Simon & Schuster
  

  Wither was fantastic, I mean I'd never think that I'd like this book, because of it's time bomb concept, but I liked it more than I doubted it! The plot was exceptional, where as the characters didn't WOW me as they did in the later novels.

   Wither takes place in a futuristic world where males live until they're 25, while women until 20. For Rhine Ellery, this means that she has 4 years to live. When Rhine is captured, and is held as a bride, she has to choose between her husband, or attendant, Gabriel. She loves them both, but the choice is too hard to decide. 

  Linden, Rhine, Gabriel, and Cecily didn't stun me too much, they were dull characters that didn't show a light to me. Where as Jenna, I loved her, until.. well you read it, and you'll figure it out.

   Fever, and Sever are the final two novels, and I felt as if the characters grew much stronger in. I adored Linden, Cecily, and Rhine, where as I never grew to love Gabriel, I only did for a second, until I doubted myself.

   Lauren DeStefano creates a world where readers never want to leave, including myself. The Chemical Garden Trilogy stunned me, and many others, and will become one series to remember...


QOTD: What do you think the Chemical Garden is, if you haven't read the books. If you have, what do you think it meant for Rhine and her friends?

2 comments :

  1. I think I've a few more titles to add to my wish/reading list! Thank you for the recommendations you've made. (smile).

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!