K is for Kiera Cass, author of The Selection

Friday 12 April 2013


  “I hope you find someone you can't live without. I really do. And I hope you never have to know what it's like to have to try and live without them.”

   This is it. This book, is written by one of the most extraordinary authors of all time, Kiera Cass, and I'm dedicating this post to her. Kiera, girl, this one's for you, even though I know, that you'll never see this. 

    Hellooo? Where am I? Am I still in that dystopian world with a prince looking for his bride? Oh why, of course not! Sorry, I'm just drowsing in my fictional book world, like many of us do sometimes, just because our problems are sometimes too hard to deal with all at once!

    I'm dedicating this post to Kiera for mainly one reason, The Selection. The Selection just made me speechless when I read, and finished it. It was like The Hunger Games, meets The Bachelor, like many of us describe it, and it's true! The characters, details and plot makes you smile inside and out, knowing that there's no other book like this out there.

   I've heard a few complaints that this may be related to Wither, by Lauren DeStefano... But, don't listen to the haters! There's many love triangles out there, and this one just happens to be one of them, but totally unique in its own way!

   Okay, now that you've heard me babble on and on about my fangirling problem, here's the summary. Okay, so America Singer, yes that's her name, is put into a lottery to be Selected. Prince Maxon is looking for his bride, and America happens to have a chance to become one, but it's her worst nightmare. Being Selected means leaving her family, and her boyfriend, Aspen behind, for a palace home, and thirty-four other girls waiting to be chosen for a dream life. When America meets Maxon, her life is torn apart. She starts to question her life that she left behind, and imagine the future that she could have. All it takes is one choice, to change her life forever...

    Sounds terrific, doesn't it? Well, for those of you who have already read it, and enjoyed it as much as I did, guess what? On April 23, 2013, yes this year, the sequel, The Elite is coming out, in paperback and in hardcover! YAY! I'm seriously counting down the days, complaining to my friends, it isn't out yet? Aww... 

   But, don't worry! It's out soon, and Kiera definitely plans for the series to become a trilogy, which is even better, and some rumors that I've heard tells me that there might even be a show! I'm so stoked that all of my favourite books are become television shows and movies! Just look at The Host! 


    To infinity and beyond...

-Michelle








2 comments :

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!