Attachments, by Rainbow Rowell

Monday 30 December 2013




Attachments, by Rainbow Rowell

Genre: Adult Fiction, Chick-Lit

Other Rainbow Rowell Books

Rating: 4/5 stars










Goodreads Summary: '"Hi, I'm the guy who reads your e-mail, and also, I love you . . . "

Beth Fremont and Jennifer Scribner-Snyder know that somebody is monitoring their work e-mail. (Everybody in the newsroom knows. It's company policy.) But they can't quite bring themselves to take it seriously. They go on sending each other endless and endlessly hilarious e-mails, discussing every aspect of their personal lives.

Meanwhile, Lincoln O'Neill can't believe this is his job now- reading other people's e-mail. When he applied to be "internet security officer," he pictured himself building firewalls and crushing hackers- not writing up a report every time a sports reporter forwards a dirty joke.

When Lincoln comes across Beth's and Jennifer's messages, he knows he should turn them in. But he can't help being entertained-and captivated-by their stories.

By the time Lincoln realizes he's falling for Beth, it's way too late to introduce himself.

What would he say . . . ?"



                        When I read this book, I felt this. It was gorgeous. <3

Review:

  • If you've read any of my other Rainbow Rowell reviews, you'll know that I'm obsessed. Her books are like drugs. You begin to see life differently and start fangirling, and you eventually become obsessed, not that it's a bad thing.
  • I was so happy to receive this over Christmas, I wanted it for the longest time but it wasn't available anywhere.
  • I knew that this was her adult book, but the summary sounded adorable, so why not pick it up?
  • This was hilariously fun. I never wanted to put it down.
  • I felt that the story was so real, and so were the characters and their problems. I felt that Lincoln was my soul mate- we were meant to be, both socially awkward. "LOVE IS IN THE AIR, BABY!"
  • Rainbow Rowell is one of my favourite contemporary authors, if I met her, I'd give her a big hug and thank her for the books that make my day.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!