Top 10 Best Books of 2013

Tuesday 24 December 2013
 Sadly, we're getting closer to the end of 2013, and are looking onto 2014, a fresh start... and that means many more books will be released and many more authors will be introduced into the YA world. I've read about 350 books so far this year, but we all know that everyone has their favourites.


   I've learned that reading books are all about enjoying them. I've recently began blogging in March, which has let me meet many amazing people, and other bookworms who also share some things in common with me- books and fandoms. I also participated in the A-Z Challenge, and had a blast. 2013 has gave me many more opportunities than at this time last year, and now I'm here to be thanking the authors/books that made my day and made me happy. Please note, I am only making a list for the top 10 books that came out in 2013 and I loved. There are many more favourites that I've read 2013 but came out earlier. So... where do we began?








I remember how much I anticipated this novel. I couldn't wait. Cassandra
Clare always leaves readers wanting more after reading her books, and we usually 
have to wait about a year for the next book to come out. Clockwork Princess
was the last book in the trilogy, The Infernal Devices, which was a prequel trilogy
to The Mortal Instruments series that has recently become a movie adaptation.
Clockwork Princess was action-packed, and answered all of the questions that us readers had.



This is one of my favourite novels of all-time. I never read a book about
having suicide as an epidemic. I always wondering how Suzanne Young got the idea 
for this series. I remember crying so much during that book, my iPad got wet. It was stunning,
the romance was brutal, because you could tell how much the characters wanted each other
during the tough times when they were in The Program, plus, the cover is gorgeous, 
what else could a girl ask for?



I remember leaving The Selection for a little while, but once I picked it 
up again, I became obsessed and I couldn't wait for The Elite. I pre-ordered it, and 
I remember checking the mail box everyday to see if the package had arrived. Once I got it,
I never put it down until it was over. The Selection trilogy is gorgeous, the romance is stunning,
because Kiera Cass creates male characters that are so strongly real, and
you never know who's side to be on. I love this one so much, and I can't wait for
The One.



When this book came out, I was on vacation, and I remember going to the bookstore, and
when I saw it, it was like love at first sight. The Wake series is amazing, I will never forget it.
I always remember thinking that Amanda Hocking is one fast writer, every time
I finished one of the novels, one month later, the next one would come out.
I cried a lot during this novel, because of all the "memories I had with it," and because
it was coming to an end. But the ending was gorgeous, and I couldn't have
asked for a better series, every novel was five stars, perfection.



I always thought that this series sometimes became boring, but I never gave
up with it because I wanted to find out what would happen. I'm thanking Sara Shepard because
she sticked with a six-book series with this one, instead of a fourteen and counting series she is currently doing with Pretty Little Liars, which I am kind of upset with
because she's over-exaggerating with it.
Seven Minutes in Heaven was perfect. I was so surprised
with who Sutton's killer ended up to be, don't worry, no spoilers here.
I couldn't have asked for a better ending.



I began the Delirium trilogy at the perfect time, about two weeks before 
the release of this one. I became obsessed right away, but I already knew that 
I'd enjoy it because I loved Lauren's Before I Fall that I read earlier. A lot of people
were disappointed with this one, mainly because there wasn't a lot of dialogue and because of 
the "brutal" ending, but I totally disagree. The ending was perfect and left us wondering and thinking.



When this book came out, I was stunned. The cover is gorgeous. It's simple,
and just pulls you in. I received this novel through ebook, but I found that I definitely
need this in my collection. It's perfection. Eleanor & Park was so good that I dreamt about
what happened next, I swear. I need more Rainbow Rowell, soon. Fangirl also was amazing, 
coming up next.



I wanted to read Eleanor & Park before I'd pick up this one to see if
Rainbow Rowell's books are any good, but my oh my, I should've picked this up on release
day. Fangirl definitely describes us bookworms's fandoms that we are all part of, and the
true meaning of fan fiction. This book was so much fun, I felt like I was in paradise the
whole way through. Gorgeous!




I never thought that I'd enjoy this book so much. I finished it in one sitting, right beside
the fireplace. It was the perfect setting, where I was reading a perfect book.
I've read a lot of bad reviews on this one, saying that only the beginning was good and
the rest sucked, but I disagree, those people just don't understand.
This is one of the best books of 2013, no doubts or regrets.



Again, I read this in one sitting. I was kind of upset that the
Chemical Garden Trilogy was ending, but I realized that it was time, and the book had
the perfect right ending that anyone could ask for. Sever was very upsetting at times, I was yelling
at the character for what they were doing, which wasn't a bad thing. Lauren DeStefano
is an amazing author, and I need Perfect Ruin ASAP.


So there you have it. It's so hard to put these books in order from best and going down, so I'm regretting the order I put the books in. Allegiant was supposed to be on the list, but I realized that I didn't have as much fun reading it as I did with these books. 2014, I'm ready, here we go!









No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!