Empress of the World, by Sara Ryan

Sunday 22 December 2013

Title: Empress of the World

Author: Sara Ryan

Rating: 4/5 stars

Release Date: May 26, 2003

Publisher: Speak

Format: Paperback Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 3.73

Age Group: 12+





  Goodreads Summary: Nicola Lancaster is spending her summer at the Siegel Institute, a hothouse of smart, intense teenagers. She soon falls in with Katrina (Manic Computer Chick), Isaac (Nice-Guy-Despite-Himself), Kevin (Inarticulate Composer) . . . and Battle, a beautiful blond dancer. The two become friends--and then, startlingly, more than friends. What do you do when you think you're attracted to guys, and then you meet a girl who steals your heart?


    I've seen this novel all over the place, apparently it's a really good book. I never picked it up until now, and I may admit, I really liked it and I believe that it's a great summer read for all of the teenage girls out there.

    I never thought that it would be a book about lesbians, I mean I guess I didn't read the whole summary. But when I did find out, I guess I saw it coming, Nicola described Battle really... detailed. 

   I preferred Battle over Nicola. Battle was more confident and wasn't too obsessive like Nicola was. Nicola got annoying and whiny sometimes, and I had those moments when I wondered when it would get better. 

    But overall, I really enjoyed Empress of the World, it was catchy and different.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!