What's Left of Me, by Kat Zhang

Sunday 29 December 2013





Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Science-Fiction, Dystopian


Rating: 4.5/5 stars











Goodreads Summary: "I should not exist. But I do.

Eva and Addie started out the same way as everyone else—two souls woven together in one body, taking turns controlling their movements as they learned how to walk, how to sing, how to dance. But as they grew, so did the worried whispers. Why aren’t they settling? Why isn’t one of them fading? The doctors ran tests, the neighbours shied away, and their parents begged for more time. Finally Addie was pronounced healthy and Eva was declared gone. Except, she wasn’t . . .

For the past three years, Eva has clung to the remnants of her life. Only Addie knows she’s still there, trapped inside their body. Then one day, they discover there may be a way for Eva to move again. The risks are unimaginable-hybrids are considered a threat to society, so if they are caught, Addie and Eva will be locked away with the others. And yet . . . for a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything."


Review:

  • I never thought that this book would be as good as it was. I was so surprised because I thought that it would be like the other dystopian/science-fiction books I've read. It did remind me of The Program, by Suzanne Young and The Host, by Stephenie Meyer in a few ways.
  • I loved the idea/concept of the novel, how did Kat Zhang think of this, it is definitely a concept I've never read about. 
  • I loved Addie/Eva. They were very independent  and even though in the beginning they sort of had a competition on who would control the movements and such, I realized that by the end they cared about each other and loved each other and didn't want to lose each other, they were one whole altogether. I did feel that Eva probably had more control then Addie, because Addie always took Eva's advice and did what she said. Eva was the brain of things, and Addie just followed.
  • In the beginning, I disliked Hally/Lissa. She became too overly attached at times, but I never would think that she would become Eva/Addie's friend by the end. She did make a point/difference in the book, and Addie/Eva needed her, as well as Devon/Ryan.
  • Overall, I loved this book and cannot wait for the sequel and the third book. Captivating and has made me obsessed!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!