Confessions of a Hater, by Caprice Crane

Friday 27 December 2013


Confessions of a Hater, by Caprice Crane

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Chick-Lit, Contemporary

Other Caprice Crane Books

Rating: 4/5 stars

Source: Bookstore

First Line: "High school was pretty much like this huge party I wasn't actually invited to, but I still had to show up to every day."







   Goodreads Summary: "Mean girls are always the haters - Right?

Hailey Harper has always felt invisible. Now her dad has a new job and the family is moving to Hollywood. Just what Hailey needs: starting a new high school.

As she's packing, Hailey finds a journal that belonged to her older sister, Noel, who is away at college. Called "How to Be a Hater," it's full of info Hailey can really use. Has Hailey found the Bible of Coolness? Will it help her reinvent herself at her new school? Will her crush notice her? Will she and the other Invisibles dethrone the popular mean girls? After all, they deserve it. Don't they?

Caprice Crane's funny--and deeply felt--observations about high school, bullies, popularity, friendship, and romance will leave teens thinking...and talking."


      Review:
  • This book is the perfect 'going into high school' book
  • It taught me a lot actually and Noel's diary gave out good tips.
  • It was hilarious and I loved Hailey's personality traits. She was a fantastic character who always made the right choices, like choosing the right friends.
  • It reminded me of Mean Girls, except with less drama and was more about the message.
  • I liked the fact that there were many steps in life here- first kiss, pregnancy etc.
  • I found this through Seventeen Magazine a while ago, but have only now picked it up at the store, I felt that it was the right time.
  • Gorgeous and live-threatening, in a good way. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!