The Adoration of Jenna Fox, by Mary E. Pearson

Tuesday 24 December 2013



"The Adoration of Jenna Fox (Jenna Fox Chronicles #1)"  by Mary E. Pearson

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Dystopia, Science Fiction

Other Jenna Fox Chronicles Books

Rating: 4.5/5 stars

Source: Amazon (for a really good price)

First Line: "I used to be someone."







Goodreads Summary:

  Seventeen-year-old Jenna Fox has just awoken from a year-long coma - so she's been told - and she is still recovering from the terrible accident that caused it. But what happened before that? She's been given home movies chronicling her entire life, which spark memories to surface. But are the memories really hers? And why won't anyone in her family talk about the accident? Jenna is becoming more curious. But she is also afraid of what she might find out if she ever gets up the courage to ask her questions.

What happened to Jenna Fox? And who is she really?



Review:

  • I liked the setting and time period, the author really created a setting that is really different other books
  • The events really give us readers something to think about. Other books that featured comas were really inaccurate, forgetting what words mean is definitely something that could happen, and the author definitely proved the right facts and definitely shows that she researched the topic.
  • Jenna wasn't as strong as I hoped that she would become, I would've liked her not to freak out as much as she did, she seemed too depressed and got angry for stupid  inaccurate things.
  • The romance happened too quickly, we really didn't get to find out much about Ethan and where he came from.
  • I loved the ending. It left you off with no questions and it was very light and flowing in details and the writing.

So, what I found out was that this is a mixture of sci-fi and dystopia, but in some ways, the world was utopian and perfect.




No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!