Scorched (Scorched #1), by Mari Mancusi
Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Dragons, Fantasy, Love-Triangles
Other Scorched Books
Rating: 4/5 stars
First Line: too lazy to go check, will update.
Don’t leave me here... It starts with a whisper. At first Trinity thinks she’s going crazy. It wouldn’t be a big surprise—her grandpa firmly believes there’s a genuine dragon egg in their dusty little West Texas town. But this voice is real, and it’s begging for her protection. Even if no one else can hear it...
He’s come from a future scorched by dragonfire. His mission: Find the girl. Destroy the egg. Save the world.
He’s everything his twin brother Connor hates: cocky, undisciplined, and obsessed with saving dragons.
Trinity has no idea which brother to believe. All she has to go by is the voice in her head—a dragon that won’t be tamed.
- I thought that this would be like Firelight, by Sophie Jordan. But it was much different from other novels, the girl finally doesn't have to fall in love with a dragon. She falls in love with dragon fighters/slayers as I like to call them.
- The fighting here was fantastic and was worth reading for.
- I didn't like Connor too much, he was stuck up and thought that he was the best in the world.
- Caleb was cute and I liked his affection for Trinity.
- Overall it was fun and riveting, I can't wait for the sequel!