Immortal City, by Scott Speer

Sunday 22 December 2013

Title: Immortal City

Author: Scott Speer

Rating: 4.5/5 stars

Release Date: April 3, 2012

Publisher: Razorbill

Format: Hardcover Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 4.07

Age Group: 12+





    Goodreads Summary: Jackson Godspeed is the hottest young Angel in a city filled with them.

He's days away from becoming a full Guardian, and people around the world are already competing for the chance to be watched over by him. Everyone's obsessed with the Angels and the lucky people they protect - everyone except for Madison Montgomery.

Maddy's the one girl in Angel City who doesn't breathlessly follow the Angels on TV and gossip blogs. When she meets Jackson, she doesn't recognize him. But Jackson is instantly captivated by her, and against all odds the two fall in love.

Maddy is swiftly caught up in Jackson's scene, a world of glamour, paparazzi - and murder. A serial killer is on the loose, leaving dead Angels' wings for the police to find on the Walk of Fame. Even the Guardians are powerless to protect themselves in the face of this threat & and this time it's up to Maddy to save Jackson.

       First of all, what I really loved about this book was the style and concept that the author created. I mean it was about a mainstream concept- angels, but I've never read or heard about a story/book where the angels were known, and were celebrities and were guardian angels in a world where they're special and precious. How did Scott Speer come up with this idea? I love it.

     This was cheesy at times. I can admit it. I find that the male character is always the supernatural thing, and the female always ends up falling in love with him. I'd like to see this reversed, where they hate each other and the girl is the supernatural creature, that would be interesting.

     Maddy was a good female heroine. I liked her "family history," and how she wasn't a snob. She appreciated what she had and I love to meet real people like that. That means that it's easy to relate to a character if she's like someone you'd like to meet in reality. 

    I actually didn't find Jacks amusing or a hottie. He just seemed... snobby. He thought that he could get a girl by bribing her with the luxurious things that the world has to offer, I know that I wouldn't want that in a relationship. The author maybe should have worked a little on the male's feelings. Other than that, the book was awesome.

     

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!