Sometimes It Happens, by Lauren Barnholdt

Saturday 7 December 2013

Title: Sometimes It Happens

Author: Lauren Barnholdt

Rating: 4.5/5 stars

Release Date: July 12, 2011

Publisher: Simon Pulse

Format: Paperback Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 3.82

Age Group: 13+




  Every time I read something by Lauren Barnholdt, I get the chills all over my skin (hey that rhymed) because of the story and world she creates for us readers, it's just perfection.

   I loved this book, it was amazing. The title may have been a little corny, but that's not what matters. I found this to be addicting, like you just can't leave it alone sitting on a table. It's waiting to be loved.

   So the whole story is about Hannah and her senior year, well, the first day. The story switches between her summer and the first day, but you could say that I preferred reading the summer part, there was much more drama, and you got to know the characters a little more better by reading that. Anyways, Hannah has got dumped by the backstabbing love of her life, but she has a crush, Noah, who may be showing complicated feelings to her, since he's her best friend's boyfriend. But over the summer before the last year of high school began, everything changed.

    Hannah was an awesome girl, she would be my best friend if she were real. The way she told her story was like a person actually speaking it to you. I never put it down because of her voice in my head. It just kept going.

    Noah was just... a heartthrob. Every time he would "speak," I would get butterflies and goosebumps because he was so real. I LOVED HIM TO DEATH.

   Lauren Barnholdt has created a novel that teenage girls will be chanting about for years to come. Yay!


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!