Don't Miss A Diss #2: Getting Your Blog "Out There"

Thursday 10 July 2014

  Don't Miss A Diss is a weekly discussion post led by A Thousand Lives Lived which features discussions with the book blogger public about the troubles and wishes of bloggers.



         Hey everyone!
        
       I begun blogging back in March 2013, thanks to my author friend, Marta Szemik. She knew that I had a passion for reading and writing, and she suggested that I should open up a Blogger account to review books and participate in blog hops. And well, thanks to her, that's where I am today. I wouldn't have been here without her help and support. Gosh, the newbie days...

         So it's been about sixteen months since that happened, and I feel like I'm a master in the blogging world. I have made hundreds of friends who share a similar interest in books and reviewing like me, and everyone's always out there to help everyone. 

         So that's where I need your help.

         You see, I don't have a large blog audience. I only have 37 followers with Google Friend Connect, and it's been more than a year and a half. I've heard of some bloggers who have gotten that many followers in a week when they've just began blogging. I don't get many comments a day compared to other blogs (maybe about 4 or 5 a day) and I have about 16, 250 views, and who knows how many unique visitor views because Blogger doesn't track that.

         How do I bring that amount up? Having a large blog audience and amount of followers is very helpful in the whole book blogging and reviewing world--and you all know that. It can help you receive ARCs, make new friends, get more people to notice you including publicists and authors, and well, it's going to satisfy you. I created a blog to interact with other readers and share my word and opinion, and I want people to see that.

         I've spent endless amount of hours on Google, searching up ways to achieve this, but I try and try and nothing really seems to boost up. I comment on others blogs, and while I get comments and views back, it's nothing compared to other blogs. The most # of views I get per day is 250. Meh.

         I'd love it if you guys would be able to help and give me a little support and boost up for me! It's my dream to get to know more of you!

                  -Michelle xoxo

6 comments :

  1. Hey Michelle, I just started my book blog so I get what you mean. I'm super nervous about it! I don't know what to do either but good luck!! And please come visit me if you have some time, thanks!

    http://bookcatpin.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and to you too! Beginning a book blog was difficult, but it will become easier as you get used to it! <3

      Delete
  2. I've heard a lot of bloggers say that participating in weekly memes have helped with followers. Also, many blogs cross-post on BlogLovin' now. Not sure if you use that. My blog auto feeds, and there's an option to follow me through it, although I don't personally use it to follow blogs myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Nikki! I'll be sure to do that. Yes, I do have a BlogLovin' account, but have been meaning to get everything up and running with that! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Michelle! I was a newbie back in 2011 and establishing my blog--having many followers--was something I've wanted too. It was hard and although I don't consider my blog as a big blog, I'm pretty happy about where I stand right now.

    All I can advise is for you to be present. Before all I cared about was GFC followers and Twitter followers. So I thought giveaways were enough. But some of those "followers" didn't translate to active audiences on my blog and that's pretty disappointing. What I do now is comment on blogs; I genuinely read all posts and I'd leave meaningful comments. I do it regularly and when they do comment back, I'll return the favor again.

    Also, if all you think about is getting your blog out there and you're doing everything you can to make it happen, but still doesn't see results, that could ultimately lead into a rut or a burn-out. That happened to me. So I took a step back and think about why I'm blogging in the first place. Is it about the possibility of acquiring ARCs? The community? Sharing the love for books? Afterwards, I realized I'm doing it just because I love it. It's a passion. No external factors. So that took a lot of pressure off into wanting to become the next big blog.

    Being successful in blogging doesn't happen overnight. Basically, consistency and genuineness can help a lot. And someday you'll just realize that you have already arrived to where you want your blog to be. I do think I'm still getting there, though. :)

    PS. I'm so sorry for the long comment. I'm a new follower and I'll surely come visit again. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much! You've really helped me realize the truth! I'm going to try to give meaningful comments as much as I can, and blog for the reason that I blog. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! <3

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!