Review: Wings, by Elizabeth Richards

Monday 28 July 2014



Wings (Black City #3), by Elizabeth Richards

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Paranormal, Romance, Dystopia, Vampires, Mystery

Rating: 3/5 stars

Publication: June 12, 2014, by G.P. Putnam's Sons BYR

Format: Hardcover Edition (borrowed)




Goodreads Summary: Following the cliffhanger ending of Phoenix, Natalie finds herself separated from Ash and unexpectedly reunited with her parents, including the father she thought was dead. But she can only think of Ash. She hasn't heard a word of him since she and Elijah were brought to the underground headquarters of the Sentry Rebellion. But she vows to find him.

Ash, meanwhile is back in Black City; it's the perfect place to hide from the Sentry government. But not for long. He won't give up on Natalie or bringing an end to the terrible reign of Purian Rose.

A pulse-racing end to an exciting series.


Review:
  Although this trilogy was pretty great, I felt like each book got worse and worse. There were many positive and good reviews of this book all over the place, but I felt somewhat left behind and not enjoying it. 

   From the whole experience of reading this book, I feel like it should've stayed as just one novel. Okay, yes, Elizabeth Richards did leave us with a pretty large cliffhanger at the end of it, but, just a few more chapters later would've just finished it all. Ugh, trilogies...


     Natalie is now separated from Ash and is with both of her parents who mysteriously disappeared before. Her mom escaped from prison and her dad was supposedly dead, right? Blocking out all of the drama that's been going on, Ash is the only thing on her mind. They've been separated for a while now, and no word has been found. She needs to find him, and he's back in Black City, where he's been hiding from the government. Everyone wants to see an end to Purian Rose, the villain that began everything from the beginning.

      A pulse-racing end? Not really. I mean, this book did have its moments where it could be classified as action-packed and heart-racing, but that wasn't even a bare 5% of the book. A lot of this book was mumbo-jumbo and info-dumping about the history of this, and the history of that.

       I understand that the author would've liked to answer all of the readers's questions in this final anticipated novel, but she should of answered some of the stuff in the sequel, because all of the answers were all squished together in this large book. But because of that, a lot of this book could've been taken out, with only a few questions asked from the reader.

        The plot and its info-dumping was my main problem. The book was fine until 50 pages, and then it all went downhill, but I kept on reading until the end because I love this series, and need to see what will happen to these characters I've learned to love over the past few weeks. It got slow-paced, and I began to get bored with what was happening.  There were some action moments, but the writing made me zone out a lot and I ended up reading paragraphs over and over again.

        The characters have gotten even BETTER in this finale. Ash finally knows who he is and what he wants, and so does sensitive Natalie. They both make a gorgeous couple, and a perfect team.

         If you read the first two books in this trilogy, then I recommend reading this one, obviously. But beware of: info-dumping and a sucky plot. But the characters and premise were good, and so was the ending, which stunned me. Overall, this was a fabulous trilogy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!