Don't Miss A Diss #3: Blog Design

Thursday 24 July 2014

   Don't Miss A Diss is a weekly discussion post led by A Thousand Lives Lived which features discussions with the book blogger public about the troubles and wishes of bloggers.


           Hey everyone!

            I know that I haven't been posting too much lately. I went on a weekend getaway to a cottage and now that I'm back, my whole schedule's messed up. I really want to read, and reading interferes with blogging sometimes... So yeah. But I'm beginning to slowly get back on track. So bear with me, please. :)

             Today's post will be on something that I've wanted to do for a long time. Changing my blog design. I don't really have questions about it, so I'll be mixing what I know and what I would like to know with this post. So if you're a beginner like me, then we'll be here together and I'll teach you some stuff.

              There are a ton of blogs who are so beautiful. Like you get onto the host's site and you fall head over heels over the blog's beauty. Then you go back onto your blog and think, how can I get my blog to be like that? The answer is: experience and money.

               We all know that everything in life isn't free. In order to get your blog to be beautiful and stunning like the big-timers is to have experience and/or pay. Having experience with web design and that tech stuff can save you and your wallet a quite amount of money. Well, if you have experience then you'll already know that. I'm no expert here, haha. 

                Then there's the people like me who don't have an idea on how to deal with this stuff. I can admire it and awe for it, but have no idea what program to use or how to change the "look." I've been wanting to give my blog a makeover for a long time, and I've recently contacted Lori @ Imagination Blog Designs for some help, and by this winter, my blog will have a fresh design! I'll finally feel like a professional at this. ;) I'm still sorting out my thoughts on how I want everything to look, but I know that Lori and other bloggers will give me some ideas. Since my title is A Thousand Lives Lived, I'm thinking something with a moon. That'll be pretty good, I think. I'm also going to get social media buttons so you guys can find me at my other sites easily, and a signature and a whole lot of other stuff. I'm pretty excited about it all. 

                 So let me know: What have you done to make your blog get to its beautifying level? Do you have experience?

10 comments :

  1. That sounds really nice with the moon theme. I recently went through a huge change myself. I know extremely little. I played around with things in blogger but finally decided to get someone to make it for me because I was never happy with it. The best I can do is play around GIMP and paint so I made a few little things for my posts such as "word ratings" etc, but the design itself goes to Ashley from Creative Whim.

    Best of luck. Can't wait to see the new design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds nice! I can't wait to see your new design. I love it when a blog is more personalized and customized, because in a wa, it shouts YOU. I feel like I get to know the real you behind it as of course it showcases what you want to show to the world. Why is winter so far away, though? I really would love to see it soon!

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori is great, I love her designs! I studied web design in school, so I lucked out in that respect because I can pretty much do it all. I look forward to seeing your new look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Carrie: Thank you! I'm really excited to see the outcome. I love your look! It's very fresh and gorgeous! :DD

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Faye: Thanks, girl! Absolutely. Everything is finally going to be how I like and wish for it to be! Lori has a ton of people on her waiting list (she takes about 3 people per month) so I'm up for November. :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Carmel: Ahh, I know! I love this temporary template that she made inspired by Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! New blog design :) Congrats and have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting set of weekly topics. I have been a bit behind in blog commenting, okay distracted by writing but that happens. I like this topic though.

    I need to fix my blog, to be honest. I have no tech experience at all and before, I could even change the templates and design on blogger. But after an update, I haven't been able to figure out what I want. I have a banner on the Reading at Dawn blog that I can't get to work again and the one who put it up isn't reviewing on the blog anymore. I need to figure that out some time.

    I like the new background you have on this blog. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! I'm glad to see that you're back!

    Same here. All I can do is install templates and widgets, and change font colours, LOL! I'm excited to see what a professional can do for me!

    Thank you! Lori actually has it for free with some other ones on her website!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!