Top Ten Tuesday #4: Top Ten Ladies

Tuesday 29 July 2014

   Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.


   Since I last week spoke about my favourite men, the leading ladies deserve a turn too, right? This is is no particular order, either.

   
    1. Tessa Gray, The Infernal Devices

       
      She's actually my most favourite female lead. She really deserves the #1, although I did note that this was in no particular order.

     
      2. Celaena Sardothien, Throne of Glass

   


       Yep. She's one kick-ass girl. No doubt about it. Plus, she's a great fighter.

  
        3. Beatrice Prior, Divergent


         It's you, hun! You've made it onto my list! I love you! For her badass-ness and determination, Tris is an absolute favourite of mine.

         4. Lena, Delirium


            This girl started off as a very weak and sensitive character, but her confidence and amazingness grew during the whole trilogy and she became so relatable and awesome.

      
         5. Katniss Everdeen, The Hunger Games


               Who doesn't love Katniss? She's perfection all in one look.


           6. Rose Hathaway, Vampire Academy


            Gorgeous, badass, awesome fighter, sarcastic, sounds like me! ;)


         7. Hazel Grace Lancaster, The Fault in Our Stars


               My first contemporary-lead choice. ;) This girl was an inspiration for all of us. She's just amazing, and so real.

        
        8. Alaska Young, Looking for Alaska



           No words needed. Just read this book and you'll see why.


        9. Victoria Darling, A Mad Wicked Folly


           This is a girl who stood up for woman's rights and didn't give a shi* about anyone. Sounds like someone I'd want to be best friends with. :)

      
         10. Liesel Meminger, The Book Thief


           Yes, she's astonishingly young, but she made a difference in my life. And I dedicate this entire post to this amazing young woman, who I love.


           -A lot of these heroines have been placed in movies, and all of the actresses have done amazing jobs acting these characters's thoughts and actions. I'm inspired by all of them!-


            Who are some of your favourite female leads? See any likewise here? 

2 comments :

  1. I'm actually currently reading Clockwork Angel and I do really like Tessa but I'm just at the beginning so I guess I don't necessarily see what's great about her character YET. :)
    Love Celaena!
    And Bea, of course!
    Lena...I don't know since I'm not a BIG fan of that trilogy...
    I would have put Katniss at second place! :D :D (B/c she's a kick-ass smart girl!)
    Rose...I don't know. Again, not a big fan of VA but I do like her character so don't throw rocks at me!! ;)
    Seriously, can someone not love Hazel??
    I don't know about Alaska since I haven't read that book. :/ BUT WILL.
    Victoria seems like a fantastic character even though I haven't read that book yet.
    Sigh, didn't read the Book Thief either.

    Those are some great picks, love, and I mostly agree with them. ^^ I would have added Isabelle from TMI on the list though...where is she??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Don't worry! I felt the same with Tessa in the beginning, but by the end of the trilogy, she really became my most favourite character. Hopefully, you'll see why. :) She definitely gave me some flavour in life.

    Of course, not everything is for everyone! Ahah, Rose is so kick-ass. xD Did you see the movie? It was hilarious because it sucked, and the humour was mainly the best part of it, haha.

    I will throw rocks at someone who doesn't like Hazel. -_-

    You need to read those books that you haven't yet! The books that these ladies come from are all also part of my all-time favourite list, so that's another positive. :)

    Ohhh, Isabelle! I totally forgot about her, mainly because I had a hate-relationship with her until City of Fallen Angels. But later on, she became a favourite character, haha. I didn't even add Clary because of her somewhat-craziness in decision making. xD

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!