Review: Forever, by Karen Ann Hopkins

Saturday 26 July 2014



Forever (Temptation #3), by Karen Ann Hopkins

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Contemporary, Chick-lit, Romance

Rating: 4/5 stars

Publication: January 28, 2014, by Harlequin Teen

Format: Paperback Edition



Goodreads Summary: All I want is my happily-ever-after.

That's all I've wanted since meeting Noah Miller.

From the day we met, the world has tried to keep Noah and me from being together, but now that I'm carrying his child, no one will be able to tear us apart. Or so I hope. But Noah and I have made some mistakes along the way, and the consequences are impacting the people we love. Worse, there's a storm on the horizon, and it's sure to cause serious devastation.

If we can get through this, we'll finally be Rose and Noah; a family, forever.

But first we have to survive the road ahead. And happily-ever-after is a long way off.


Review:


  I've read a few series dealing with the Amish combining with a sweet romance that is forbidden, but this certainly was the best one I've ever read. Karen Ann Hopkins has created a gorgeous trilogy with mystery, squeals, feels, wants, and needs. If you enjoy contemporary reads, this is the perfect read for you that deals with a twist. 

   Temptation is all that Rose has dealt with since meeting Noah Miller. Their love has been forbidden since they met, but they both have loved each other too much to forget about the connection that they share. Now that Rose is pregnant, they both have to think about their future and what it will hold for their lives. Will Noah turn Amish and raise a family the English way, or will Rose join the Amish way of life?

    Two choices. Two choices that can change everyone's life immediately. I had a lot of theories on how this trilogy can end from the start. And in the end, I was right, sort of. The ending either way was written spectacularly, and was a perfect goodbye to Rose and Noah, two characters that we've grown close with throughout the few years.

      

        
       This plot started off very quickly from where the second book left off. We were left with quite a shocker, right? Now the mystery of what's going to happen is rolling around in our heads, and it stayed that way until about the end. We had no idea what the author was going to do with us towards the end... and then it happened so fast.

        This plot was very fast-paced, as I mentioned above. It was all good throughout. Suspense and mystery was added into this delicate little-beautiful contemporary read, and that made it about 10 times better.

          One of the flaws were that there were too many POVs. I don't remember if this was the case in the previous novels, but I really think that it should've stayed with just Noah and Rose. Adding Sam and Sarah into it was just too much and too complicated.


            As I always did, I loved the characters, except Sarah. Noah and Rose are the perfect and favourite power couple of 2014 (well, one of them). Of course, they share such a beautiful connection and their love for each other beats the standards of anyone else's. I ship them to the highest standards. Rose became very strong and kick-ass in this book. She was getting ready to become a mother, and that honour overtook her insecurity of her past. She has grown up a lot throughout the trilogy, and she, in the end, was a powerful woman.

          I loved Sam, but I had problems with Sarah. She, the opposite of Rose, was too insecure and didn't take risks. She didn't confess her feelings to Micah, and then she died and everything that could've been good for her just ended. She wasn't my favourite character or the worst one, so it didn't really matter if the author killed her off, although it was sad. (I sound so bitchy, meh.)

           The ending was just stunning and cute and gave me chills all inside. I almost cried, tee hee. I'm going to officially announce that Karen Ann Hopkins has created a beautiful trilogy that's going to stay in my heart forever. It had its flaws, but it overall was beautifully written. Looking for a book with a new impression? Pick this series up. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!