Don't Miss A Diss #4: Social Media

Friday 25 July 2014

  Don't Miss A Diss is a weekly discussion post led by A Thousand Lives Lived which features discussions with the book blogger public about the troubles and wishes of bloggers.



       Hey! This DMAD post is making up for the one I missed last week. 

       Today's talk... SOCIAL MEDIA INTERACTING WITH BLOGGING. 

        Almost every blogger I know has a Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Goodreads, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube and many other social media accounts. Some of you may be questioning, what does it really do?

        Well, first of all, social media sites may be fun and all to have, but we bloggers also use them to interact with our followers and to meet new future followers. Sites like Twitter and Facebook help us put our blog and reviews out there. 

         All of those sites usually have a section that asks you for your website. And of course, if we have a blog, it's the first website that we own that comes to mind when filling out your profile/bio. 

        Did you know that 93% of marketers use social media for business? That includes publishers, publicists, and authors trying to put their business/industry more out into the view! That means that these people can notice YOU and you may have a chance to get ARCs, enter giveaways for free merch and books, and connect with them for future references!

        Many regular people who don't blog or review but like to read use social media, too. You may be able to inspire people to review and create a blog, and they surely will thank you later. People will be able to recognize you and your blog in the future. That "magical link" that shows your website could be clicked a lot and will possibly bring you new followers and unique views! Now, how 'bout that?

        As you know, it is very easy to create a social media account. All it takes is a few steps to get you a new database and known section. It definitely has its perks and it gives you a new experience!
         This gives me the chance to show you guys my accounts! (But I will soon have buttons up so you can simply click on them.):

          Twitter: (https://twitter.com/a1000liveslived) (@a1000liveslived)


            Tumblr: (http://www.bookwormsallowed.tumblr.com/)


             Instagram: (http://instagram.com/thousandliveslived) (@thousandliveslived)





     Do you use any social media sites to promote your blog? What are your perks of using them?

4 comments :

  1. I do use them. I find Twitter gets the most recognition but every little bit helps when you're trying to get your reviews out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! Anything helping to get your reviews out are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great article Michelle, I think social media is an important part of blogging and getting your name out there to readers who aren't just other bloggers! I have so much fun with social media, having it as a job and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a million, Jeann! I love social media, I don't know what I'd do without it! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!