My Sweet Audrina, by V.C. Andrews

Wednesday 2 July 2014

My Sweet Audrina, by V.C. Andrews

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Romance, Mystery/Murder/Thriller

Rating: 4.5/5 stars

Publication: February 8, 2011, by Simon Pulse

Format: ebook






Goodreads Summary: Audrina wanted to be as good as her sister. Her sister was so special, so perfect -- and dead. Now she will come face to face with the dangerous, terrifying secret that everyone knows. Everyone except... Sweet Audrina.


Review:


 Wow. Just wow. 

  This was the most psychologically messed up, mind-fucking book that I've ever read. We all know that V.C. Andrews has quite a habit of messing with our minds, but this book has taken her "talent" to a whole other level.

   My brain:

 


     When finishing this 400+ paged book, I just couldn't believe my eyes on how the heck did Andrews do this. Her mysteries are always so out of the blue and we never end up expecting the plot twists (especially in the end). It's so fascinating and wonderful to read such an unpredictable book that just left your feared out of your mind after completing it. Yes, I got very anxious and tense by the end of this book.

       When V.C. Andrews creates something scary, it's scary. But not a horror made-up kind of scary, a reality kind of fear because things like this do happen to many people around the world. Andrews caused us to think about real life mysteries that are totally unexplainable. No one, not even the MC knew what was going on for 20 years of her life, and that's because everyone and everything were lies, and everyone was lying to her and you can either think one way or the other. Andrews gets us to create predictions about what's going to happen because we begin to have no clue on what was going on, but in the end, I was completely wrong. 

         Audrina has lived her life hearing about The First and Sweet and Best Audrina, her dead sister who died 9 years before she was born. (Yes, I did capitalize those words.) Her sister was so special and so perfect and she never did anything wrong. But Audrina's life is a mystery as well. Why can't she remember anything from her early childhood and memories of just years ago? Why can't she remember what day it is or how old she and her family are? It all comes down to one mystery, one secret that has been hidden, and everyone except Audrina knows.

           This whole book was amazingly written, like I said before. Andrews just creates an atmosphere that is so real, and fearful at the same time. The reader even begins to go through some mentality and some craziness that the characters in the book are going through because we are so confused as well. (But in a suspenseful sort of way.) It was very fast-paced, moving, and so real. Nothing ever bored me and I wish that I could've had more. But, what an amazing standalone.

           

            I don't know... That song just came into mind. :)

            The characters were amazing, but I didn't say all of them. Vera...


             That girl... She's the worst (as in evil) character that I have ever read about. I could deal with her, probably because she created a lot of action and it was hilarious to see Audrina's dad whip her and hit her so many times, but she was SO bitchy. Like think of your worst enemy, and add in JAWS. I don't have any words for Vera's behaviour because it's just so exotic and disturbing. I just hate people like her. (YOU WEREN'T LOVED BECAUSE YOU WERE AN EVIL BEAST.) She was my problem with the book because she was just too horrible.

              I just had to get the beast over and done with first. Audrina was a great, kick-ass character who really came out of her shell by the end of the book. I was really afraid that her situation would turn into something like 'Flowers in the Attic,' but thankfully, it came into something more darker and crazier. Audrina was a character who you felt so much sympathy for. All she has ever wanted was a happy, ordinary life, and thanks to her sister (I bolded that for a reason) her whole life got screwed up and she was forced to do things and live in a different way than everyone else. It's just so sad because there are people who live that way in reality and nobody knows about them. :(

               Arden was just... ADORABLE. But as he got older and when he and Audrina married later on in the novel, he just got too strange. And then of course we then found out the reason for everything and I ended up hating him because of it and well yeah... I wanted to kick his butt. But he did have some good times where I just wanted to hug him 24/7.

                 I have to say that Audrina's Papa really was an outstanding character in this book. He was the smart one, the one who knew best, right next to the mother and Ellie. He actually cared for Audrina so much and by the end, it really shows.

                 The ending of this book was really open-ended and suspenseful. I guess we just have to add onto it and guess what had happened later on. Did Audrina end up having children? I don't know, but I guess it's just like the rest by V.C. Andrews; we just have to guess.

                  Some people liked this book, while others completely despised it. I was one who really loved it and I definitely classify it as a classic novel that everyone should pick up. Make this your first V.C. Andrews book, because it's just that splendid.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!