D is for... The Distance Between Us

Friday 4 April 2014


   
   I’m really obsessed with chick-lit books, although I find a lot that are lower than my expectations. The Distance Between Us was the first of Kasie West’s books I read, and it was absolutely amazing. If you’re looking for a perfect beach/summer romance, pick this up or just place it in your “imaginary bookshelf.”

    So the book features Caymen Meyers who helps sell porcelain dolls in her mother’s shop. One day she meets Xander Spence, who’s rich and the total opposite of Caymen. Her mom wouldn't approve of her being with Xander, but she has to be with him and she realizes that he’s all she has. 

     The story was so light and beautiful. I remember reading this in one sitting and I couldn’t put it down once I began it. 

      I loved the setting and how the story took place, emphasize that how. A doll shop was such a great place to fall in love!
      I was literally obsessed with Xander. He was so charming and made me fangirl whenever he would say something adorable to Caymen. Speaking of which, Caymen was a goody-two shoes just how I expected her to be because of this strong contemporary story. She was very gentle and she was so weak sometimes that I just wanted her to do what I wanted her to do. She was really easy sometimes but I loved her as a character and person, she wasn't perfect.

      So basically this book “taught” me that your imperfections make you stronger. It doesn’t matter if you’re rich or poor, love is everything and you don't have to be the “same” to fall in love. Sorry, that was a little deep but this book means a lot to me, lol.

       This book probably won’t be for everybody, but I wish that you guys could give it a try. :)


14 comments :

  1. Sounds like a good romance.

    http://carolsnotebook.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. Not my usual genre, as I prefer fantasy, but I like reading your experience from reading that book. Makes for a great review.

    A to Z commenter
    Reading at Dawn blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I try to put a lot of effort and honesty into my reviews!!

      Delete
  3. I'm not really a contemporary YA reader, but I do like chick lit for a little older. Not necessarily NA though. Your review is great! Thanks for stopping by my D post earlier as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yes, I don't really like kiddy kiddy books, but this one was absolutely spectacular!

      Delete
  4. I am a huge fan of all genres and tend to float around as it suits my mood. I have heard of this one, but hadn't really read any reviews about it. Good to hear that you enjoyed it, and I liked your review. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I normally love most genres as well and this one definitely made me smile. :)

      Delete
  5. Question, what inspired your blogs name? Its such a pretty title, I was just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Well, you could say that it came to me, but I heard a quote by George R.R. Martin, "A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies." In one way or another, it just popped up in my head, and I guess I should give George R.R. Martin some credit as well. ;)

      Delete
    2. Right! I thought I rung a bell. Its such a cute title though I can't get over it!

      Delete
  6. Damn all you book bloggers, making my TBR even more ridiculously long than it already was. :P

    Nah, seriously - thanks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHAHAHA, this was the best comment of the day, seriously. xD Your welcome!

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!