After, by Amy Efaw

Tuesday 8 April 2014





After, by Amy Efaw

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Contemporary, Tragedy

Rating: 5/5 stars










Goodreads Summary: Who could do such a thing? Certainly not someone like Devon Davenport, a straight-A student-athlete with everything going for her. But in a moment of denial, desperation, and sheer panic, she did something that most people couldn't even imagine. And now Devon is being charged with attempted murder. In a skillfully crafted story, Amy Efaw takes readers through the days leading up to and after Devon's crime, painting an unexpected picture of a truly empathetic character caught up in an unimaginable situation.

Review:



  It just hurts to read SUCH A HEARTBREAKING BOOK LIKE THIS. When I read books that deal with situations such as this one, the characters' emotions just break my heart.

  After was really something else. I never expected it to have such an amazing heart-wrenching, plot-twisting story. Since silly me (haha -.-) didn't really read the summary and just "played" with this novel, I was expecting a dystopian or sci-fi story. My oh my, silly me.



  THIS IS NOT A SCI-FI STORY. Okay, none of you would make the dumb mistake like I would, moving on...

   I've never read about, or have heard about, dumping in the trash crimes like this. For those of you who haven't read the book, this situation is when someone dumps a newborn (or any age of a baby) baby into a trash bag, and basically gives them away. That is so sad to read about. Devon, the main character, PISSED ME OFF WHEN SHE DID THIS. I wanted to smack her. 

   She's like my only teensy problem. First of all, when you have a family member that you can confide in who almost WENT THROUGH THE SAME SITUATION AS YOU, (her mom btw), WHY DON'T YOU CHOOSE TO TALK TO HER?! I was thinking "WTF?!" when I found out what really happened. Later on, of course I forgave Devon, because it was tough to be in the situation that she was in, and she was really warm-hearted. 

    From the first chapter, I was absolutely hooked in, and I was finished in a matter of no time, I mean, who wouldn't be when this is the best tragedy book you've read in a while, and after you've read so many books lately that brought or mood down? Yeah, this was my situation, sadly.

    There must've been some sort of story behind this book. It felt so real, and that really made me smile because you don't usually find those types of books that seem like you're actually living the dream. Devon was my best friend throughout the book, and I was listening to her story. It was like she was telling YOU her story, by herself, like it was real.

   

  LOL. I can't stop laughing at this.^

  After is such an inspiring novel. You don't want to let it go because it's just so unbelievably real. I picked up the pieces to this book, just like putting a puzzle together. I glued everything together, and by the end, I found my complete puzzle finished. (By the way, THAT ENDING. OMG) 


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!