Picture Me Gone, by Meg Rosoff

Saturday 5 April 2014





Picture Me Gone, by Meg Rosoff

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Contemporary

Rating: 1.5/5 stars










Goodreads Summary: Mila has an exceptional talent for reading a room--sensing hidden facts and unspoken emotions from clues that others overlook... 
     
So when her father's best friend, Matthew, goes missing from his upstate New York home, Mila and her beloved father travel from London to find him. She collects information about Matthew from his belongings, from his wife and baby, from the dog he left behind and from the ghosts of his past--slowly piecing together the story everyone else has missed. But just when she's closest to solving the mystery, a shocking betrayal calls into question her trust in the one person she thought she could read best.



Review:



Yeee, this was me the whole time I was reading this book. I felt like I was going in and out of reality, and that’s not a good thing. I’m surprised how this ended up, because How I Live Now was absolutely phenomenal. 

I felt like I was lost the whole time reading this book. The plot was nothing special and I didn’t see any importance in the whole book. The writing was boring and didn’t captivate me at all. 

The characters were okay. That probably would have to be the only good thing about this book. I find that all of Meg Rosoff’s characters always have something special in them, unlike many other characters. 


There was nothing special about this book. Nothing big happened, and it’s not worth the money. There are many better contemporary novels out there that will make you laugh, cry and find meaning in life and give you inspiration. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!