Searching For Sky, by Jillian Cantor

Saturday 12 April 2014





Searching For Sky, by Jillian Cantor

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Romance, Dystopian

Rating: 2.5/5 stars










Goodreads Summary: Sky and River have always lived on Island, the only world they’ve ever known. Until the day River spots a boat. Across Ocean, in a place called California, Sky is separated from River and forced to live with a grandmother she’s just met. Here the rules for survival are different. People rely on strange things like cars and cell phones. They keep secrets from one another. And without River, nothing makes sense. Sky yearns for her old life where she was strong and capable, not lost and confused. She must find River so they can return to Island, but the truth behind how they ended up there in the first place will come as the biggest shock of all.

Review:

   *Review copy provided by Netgalley, in exchange for a honest review.*





  I really expected something BIG from Searching For Sky. A reverse dystopia is really hard to find and read about these days and they usually end up really pleasing. I wish something BIGGER would've occurred in Searching For Sky, and I overall wouldn't recommend it. 

  So here we are with Sky and River, who have been best friends since birth. They have lived on Island, an small island in the Pacific Ocean, which is the only place they've ever known, and have been fighting for survival since the outrageous accident 14 years ago. One day, River spots a boat which brings them back to California, the place where they both where born and the place they both left. Sky is forced to live with her grandmother and realizes that things are different in the real world. She doesn't know why they went to the Island, but all she wants is for her and River to go back and spend the rest of their lives there.

  


    This started off as a sweet dystopian novel that will definitely get somewhere. As we got closer and closer to the stage where Sky began to learn about the real world, I was out. Was the author trying to create a protagonist with potential of becoming likeable and a true hero, or a protagonist acting like a bitchy two year old, whining and not knowing anything? Because I really feel like the second thing was really coming out of Sky, and that just made me want to quit.

    I didn't quit reading this book. The author created a really interesting storyline/problem/situation, and I really wanted to find out what would happen in the end. How can I leave this book with this huge massive problem stuck in my head? Of course I wouldn't leave it like that.

   The truth really wasn't that surprising, something more suspenseful in this situation would've been better.

   Like I mentioned above, I hated Sky. I hate her so, so much. She is probably one of the WORST protagonists I've ever read about. 



   Don't get me started with her again because I just can't talk about her anymore.

   I felt so bad for River, the male protagonist. The poor guy had to deal with that stupid bitch and risked his life for her for dumb reasons. He deserved someone better, someone who would've given him a better life after surviving in an island for 14 straight years.

   I really wouldn't recommend this novel that much. If you're looking for a good plot, then this is a good book for you. because the plot was good. But the characters and ending were absolutely hideous, and that means a lot in the book reviewing process. :(

 "I promise."

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!