V is for... Vanished

Friday 25 April 2014


 


      Meg Cabot never was really one of my favourite authors, because I found that most of her books disinterested me and were cheesy, but Vanished probably was Meg's best book yet.

       So this book is a duel-book. It includes the first two books of the 1-800-Where-R-You series, and it really was a brilliant idea. Jessica Mastriani wants to be an ordinary girl living an ordinary life. When she is struck by lightning... everything doesn't turn out to be so ordinary. Jessica suddenly gets up like nothing happened, but she has a whole new ability- she can now locate missing children. So everything's going mad now. The FBI is after her, a senior guy, Rob, now has his eyes on her, and well, she's helping out a specific missing children company out a lot. What will else will her power accomplish?
  
     It's very rare to read about a book that deals with missing children. I've read a few, and they absolutely hooked me because there's always some sort of plot twist in them and something happens that you can never imagine about. That's the magic of writing about these sort of concepts. 

     I guess you could say that this book was a mix of contemporary and supernatural-paranormal, and of course, mystery. You're probably thinking that this idea doesn't really compliment the sort of storyline. Paranormal activities can definitely blend in, and I'll tell you why!

  1.     The side characters will begin to question the protagonist, Jessica, on how the heck she can locate these children, in their exact location. It's like a mystery within a mystery.
  2. How Jessica got her ability is more natural than in other books- she gets struck by lightning. It's rare, and obviously could happen in reality, unlike being born as a vampire.
       I really enjoyed Vanished. The plot was very well-developed and everything that was happening was supposed to happen, although there were a few teensy dull moments in Code Name Cassandra, the second book out of the two.

       Jess was a snarky, hilarious character! She was one of those tough chicks, which we don't ever find in books, who was smart and knew what she was doing. I loved her in both books, and I'm really looking forward in seeing what she will become in the next two books, which I hope to pick up soon.

       The romance between Jess and Rob was very well-rounded. It made sense to have a romance, and I totally pictured Rob as Jess's body-guard during these two books, well because you need someone to protect you when you're the only girl in the world who has an ability to locate missing children. Get what I'm saying? ;)

     

     Overall, I recommend this book for any YA genre lover. It has almost every genre in it, with a bunch of plot twists and mouth-widening moments. Meg Cabot is the author to be looking out for.

    This book sounds interesting? Visit its Goodreads page to find out more!

8 comments :

  1. Another author I've heard of but haven't yet read. But who knows what the future will bring. Though a leader of a group I'm in on a different site complains about authors repackaging stories into a new book cause she doesn't know she has read them already till she's bought the new packaged one and starts reading. I told her she should join Goodreads to help keep track of her reading. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to read any Meg Cabot. Vanished does sound a lot different than what I've heard of her other work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's 1000 times more different than the Princess Diaries series, obviously, although that series was pretty good as well. ^_^

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love Meg Cabot- mostly because she's funny and her books tend to be light. I haven't tried this one out though- I should put it on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this one, but I really like most of her work that I have read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard about this one until I saw it at a bookstore a while ago, I'm glad I picked it up!

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!