Revived, by Cat Patrick

Friday 25 April 2014





Revived, by Cat Patrick

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Mystery, Romance, DNF

Rating: 1/5 stars










Goodreads Summary: It started with a bus crash.
Daisy Appleby was a little girl when it happened, and she barely remembers the accident or being brought back to life. At that moment, though, she became one of the first subjects in a covert government program that tests a drug called Revive.
Now fifteen, Daisy has died and been Revived five times. Each death means a new name, a new city, a new identity. The only constant in Daisy's life is constant change.
Then Daisy meets Matt and Audrey McKean, charismatic siblings who quickly become her first real friends. But if she's ever to have a normal life, Daisy must escape from an experiment that's much larger--and more sinister--than she ever imagined.
From its striking first chapter to its emotionally charged ending, Cat Patrick's Revived is a riveting story about what happens when life and death collide.

Review:



     Pew. I'm so upset and done with this book. DNF @ 75%

     I had bad low expectations for this book. Somewhere in my guts I had a feeling that this book would be absolutely horrible, and I knew it, but I decided to go along with it and forget about my instincts because I enjoyed all of Cat Patrick's other books. Revived, on the other hand, what utterly horrible. 

    First of all- this idea. Daisy Applebee (what an ordinary cheesy name) has died five times and has been brought back to life five times at the age of fifteen. And each death changes her as a whole new person. When she meets Matt and Audrey, she finds that she may be able to have an ordinary life someday. 

    What a cheesy mystery/science-fiction story.  Goodness gracious, don't even call it a pure science-fiction story because it just doesn't have the right to be one. This book was just a cheesy mystery story with an absolute of NOTHING happening in between.

     Next the plot. There are moments in books when you are so amazed and proud of the first chapter that you literally feel like the book is sucking you in. Here, I could run a marathon in between (which I never in a million years would want to) and I'd still wouldn't want to go back and read this boring book because nothing IS HAPPENING. Oh yeah, she meets a guy and a girl who "supposedly can change her life and help her from dying again." Wow, now where's the action?

     This was an absolute snoozefest, but I had a feeling that it would get better- but it didn't. So I left this at 75%, felt like I was skimming the book because nothing was happening, but I knew that I should've never even picked this book up from the beginning.

      Don't even get me started on the characters. Daisy was just such a whiny, selfish brat who thought that she should deserve special attention just because she has been brought back to life five times. That is something remarkable, but I felt that she just made too much of a big deal about it, and acted like such a brat around average people. This girl says hi to her at school, and she frowns and basically gives her a death stare back, when the freakin' girl didn't even do ANYTHING. Daisy was seriously messed up, and I'm not even kidding. She's so hateable, and it seems like the author wants YOU to hate her.

      Girl, you're stressing out because of your "problem,"just

     

      So don't even bother to pick this book. It's so unpleasing and I felt like I was reading a book that didn't even have a point. Aha, the dumb irrelevant romance? The "amazing" characters? Nope, I'm sorry.

2 comments :

  1. hmmm That cover weirds me out a bit, to be honest. I'm not sure which I don't like more: covers with parts of heads chopped off, or creepy ones that stare at me all the time. Touch choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the cover really is creepy, I never really liked it.

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!