L is for... Legend

Monday 14 April 2014

  “Each day means a new twenty-four hours. Each day means everything's possible again. You live in the moment, you die in the moment, you take it all one day at a time."

  This was an amazing, fast paced story that was told from two points of view. Essentially it is about two teenagers, June who is a military prodigy living in the Republic’s highest circles and Day, the Republic’s most wanted criminal. When June’s brother is murdered, Day and June both cross worlds and have to figure out what really brought them together.


  

  Okay, now don't roll your eyes so fast. This was an absolute plot-twisting electrifying criminal/dystopian love story, that will absolutely have your breath taken away by the end, and of course, it ends with a plot-twisting suspenseful ending that will just have you wanting more.

  This book is so badass, and if you read it, you'll totally understand what I'm saying. How can this mystery/thriller/murder be taken place in such an elite world where there are too many global problems occurring, adding to the fact that the romance of the protagonists is at stake? Marie Lu is just too smart, I don't know how she did it.

  Marie Lu's world of the Republic is stunning. Everything is so descriptive, that I feel that I'm in it, and isn't it the best feeling when you're actually stuck in the book's world?


   
First of all to say, I adored this book. It made me think for hours after, especially about what will happen next. I felt everything the characters felt, and this book inspired me to never judge a book by its cover. Sometimes, I never really like those war, criminal type of books, and I knew, by the cover that this one will be one of those bad ones too, but I loved it. I was being too judgemental on a book that was just about perfect.

June's character was the strongest, with her smart thoughts and predictions, and Day fit right into her. They're a match. It's really hard to find a dystopian book with a few POVs that is really good, but this one was absolutely perfect, for a unique book with a suspenseful storyline.

This is another one not to miss, bookworms!

4 comments :

  1. I must admit, I never judge a book by its cover. For me, it is what's inside that swings my vote. I looked at this book the other day, but I have so many books I'm trying to get through at the moment. After your write up, I will make sure I'll add to my list of books to get.
    Stopping by on the A to Z. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'm glad I'm getting more readers to read some of these amazing books!

      Delete
  2. Interesting. So many books I've never heard of before. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!