Truly, Madly, Deadly, by Hannah Jayne

Sunday 6 April 2014





Truly, Madly, Deadly, by Hannah Jayne

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Tragedy, Contemporary

Rating: 3/5 stars










Goodreads Summary: "They Said It Was An Accident...

Sawyer Dodd is a star athlete, a straight-A student, and the envy of every other girl who wants to date Kevin Anderson. When Kevin dies in a tragic car crash, Sawyer is stunned. Then she opens her locker to find a note:

You're welcome.

Someone saw what he did to her. Someone knows that Sawyer and Kevin weren't the perfect couple they seemed to be. And that someone—a killer—is now shadowing Sawyer's every move..."


Review:




   I'm out, too. What, what, what? 

   I feel like I'm getting mood swings with these books. One minute I'm like, "Whoa this was actually really good!" the next I'm like "Ew. Get away from me, you freak." So I guess that's why I would classify this book as a 3 star rating, cause that's sort of between the good and the mad.




   I guess you could say the book started off well. The author's words were so powerful and they moved me. I enjoyed the whole tragedy, if that doesn't sound strange in some way. This tragedy made the whole book better. Okay I'm going stupid here, THE WHOLE BOOK WAS ABOUT THE TRAGEDY. =_= 

   

  The characters, except Sawyer, were bland. I didn't like Kevin, even though the poor guy was dead for the whole book. But the memories that Sawyer brought back about him made me annoyed. He seemed like one of those snobby full-of-himself guys. So, back off dude, u not ma type. o____O
Sawyer, really, was something else. She felt so real and was absolutely an amazing protagonist. She was so kick-ass and I just want to high-five her every moment she figured out something knew.



    Haha dude, except THIS ONE. *insert creepy grin*

    The storyline was here and there. I felt it strongly at times but at others, I found some chunks of it completely missing. "Where have you been all my life, life, life?" Okay, okay, I'm going too cheerful today, but you like that, don't ya? :')

    So, I give this a 3/5 star rating because there were some things missing from the book. Things were gone at times and I lurked for something better. Pretty good thriller, if you're looking for something better, try If I Stay by Gayle Forman. :) 

2 comments :

  1. Sounds like an intriguing premise ... that maybe wasn't executed as well as it could have been. Pity there is only one great character in it, but at least there was that one I guess! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was hoping for it to be a little better, I really love reading tragic books. :/

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!