The Messenger, by Markus Zusak

Monday 14 April 2014





The Messenger, by Markus Zusak

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Contemporary

Rating: 3/5 stars










Goodreads Summary: This teen gem about an unambitious teenager whose life is suddenly turned upside down by anonymous messages has it all - mystery, humour, romance, friendship.

Meet Ed Kennedy - underage cab driver, pathetic card player, and useless at romance. He lives in a shack, and he's hopelessly in love with his best friend, Audrey. His life is one of peaceful routine and incompetence, until he inadvertently stops a bank robbery. That's when the first Ace arrives...That's when Ed becomes the messenger.

Chosen to care, he makes his way through town helping and hurting (when necessary), until only one question remains. Who's behind Ed's mission?


Review:




 Is it just me... or was this one by Markus Zusak really disappointing compared to the one and only The Book Thief? That one was sheer awesomeness, but I really didn't see anything special about this one and it was boring at some points.

 This book was real kick-ass. Bank robberies, playing cards and a teenager becoming a manager of a bank? Call me in! 

  Of course, Markus Zusak in a way has created awesomeness, all through the eyes of Ed Kennedy, who was a hilarious young guy who was lost, but still learned so much about life in this "journey" of his. I felt proud of him, even though he was a fictional character.


      I did have some issues with this book- the plot wasn't all there, the side characters weren't amazing, and a few things were missing.

     But really, The Book Thief was ten thousand times better than this, but this had a fresh idea and something special and different from every other book. But, the details weren't all there, and when they were there, they weren't needed. The idea was good but things were missing, and that doesn't really please me.

1 comment :

  1. Strange.. I had too high expectations from The Book Thief and it kind of let me down, maybe I should read this one.
    Visiting from the A-to-Z Challenge at http://effervescencia.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!