The Beginning of Everything, by Robyn Schneider

Thursday 17 April 2014





The Beginning of Everything, by Robyn Schneider

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Contemporary, Romance

Rating: 5/5 stars










Goodreads Summary: Ezra Faulkner was supposed to be homecoming king, but that was before—before his girlfriend cheated on him, before a car accident shattered his leg, and before he fell in love with new girl Cassidy Thorpe.

Review:


  Is it just me, or does this book have to deal with philosophy? Because after reading the captivating and sad first chapter, I found the Ezra was a philosopher/protagonist that made me feel so many feelings deep inside and made me think a lot about life and what's the meaning of it.

  The Goodreads summary really isn't that thorough and doesn't really give us a total perfect visualization of what the book is going to be about. That summary makes it look like this book is going to be just a cheesy contemporary novel that teenage girls will fangirl over because the male character is so heart-throbbing and he ends up marrying and falling in love with the girl character. That's a big fat NO. NO NO NO. This doesn't happen at all, and don't even expect it to at all. For a contemporary novel, this had so many plot twists that I began to believe that I was in a different type of world, and book, for that matter.

   Basically this book is about Ezra. He's your average popular jock guy who has everything, including a "hot" cheerleader girlfriend. When he gets into a tragic accident, everything sort of falls apart. He catches his girl cheating on him, and is left broken-hearted until he meets Cassidy Thrope. He doesn't know it, but she's about to change his whole life around. Ezra ends up becoming homecoming king, joining the debate team, sneaking into a college when he's not even eligible to be in one yet, reunites with his old best friend who's gay, Toby, and falls in love with Cassidy. 

   

   Yeah, it just is and was so beautiful. The Beginning of Everything was one of the best contemporary books I've read in a long time. I just don't find so many amazing ones lately, and I don't know if it's just my choice of books to read, or the books themselves.

    So when this released back in 2013, I was kind of stumped because I didn't enjoy Robyn Schneider's debut novel. It was boring and I put it down after 100 pages or so. Now I see a new and bright book being released, and I don't know what to expect. After a few weeks, everyone began raving about it, and I realized that I just have to pick it up, how can I not?

     It was so beautiful that I can't even explain it, but I will anyways. The storyline was amazing. Once I began it, I couldn't put it down! The details were incredible, and I couldn't have asked for anything better. I felt like this whole book was about living your life to the fullest with no regrets.

     Ezra was such an amazing character. His story was so deep, and real. His situation was so real and he acted like a normal teenage guy. The author didn't try to make him all that and anything special, but in my eyes, he was special for not being special, if that makes sense.

     I really hated Cassidy. Ezra was too good for her and he didn't deserve her! I obviously knew that she was hiding something, and there we go.

    Overall, this book was amazing. Philosophic, check, beautiful, check, and awesome characters, check. The Beginning of Everything truly is the beginning of everything for readers.

2 comments :

  1. I hadn't heard of this one but it might be nice to have a YA with the guy's point of view beyond karate, things blowing up (The Last Thing I Remember) or cheesy bad villain names and weird kidnapping to schools (HIVE). I mostly write boy main characters so it's good to read a few on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love male protagonists! It's really hard to find books that have them telling the story!

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!