S is for... Someone Like You

Tuesday 22 April 2014

  

   Okay, okay, we all know that friendship is magic and all of those cheesy friendship quotes, but do we actually know what our friendships do for us and what we would do without them?

   You've all probably heard of this astonishing book by Sarah Dessen, and I seriously recommend reading it, to everyone who needs a smile in their day, anyone who's willing to read a gorgeous contemporary/chick-lit/romance novel that will cause them to shed tears in their eyes. 

    Halley and Scarlett are best friends to the end. When Scarlett gets pregnant and finds out that the baby's father has been killed in a motorcycle accident, all she needs is Halley to help her out, and of course, Halley will. Together growing in a new kind of relationship, Halley and Scarlett will learn many new things and will fall in love.

    Okay, my summary sucked. I really made this book sound cheesy, and that's what I thought it'd be before I picked it up, but it's not, not even a bit.

    This by far has to be the best Sarah Dessen book, right next to This Lullaby! There was so much drama, suspense, fun, and even laughter has been brought up into this, I can't even believe myself!

    This is going to be the book that you'll never forget about, the book that really made you think and the book that seriously is going to make you an emotional wreck for a few hours. I spent the last 100 pages of the ending crying, but it really had an unexpected amazing ending, just like all of Sarah's books do. But seriously, this one is something special.

    “There are some things in this world you rely on, like a sure bet. And when they let you down, shifting from where you've carefully placed them, it shakes your faith, right where you stand.”


    This book sounds interesting? Visit its Goodreads page to find out more.


    

8 comments :

  1. Oh, I agree. Sarah Dessen is an awesome author. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one. I've never read any of her books but if it involves two girls and love, I may need to read it.

    That is such a beautiful cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I have the older version, but this by far is much more beautiful.

      Delete
  3. I have not read the author, but after reading your review, I will be recommending it to my daughter. I am impressed with your Goodreads book challenge. Happy A to Z. Hope you get school credit for some of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope that she will enjoy the series. :)

      I wish that I could get some sort of extra credit for this, but my teacher wouldn't even care at all. She even once lowered my grade because I wrote too much in an essay, saying that she doesn't have time to read my work. She said that next time she won't even look at the work at all.

      Delete
  4. Will recommend this to my niece, I think she'd love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read a Sarah Dessen novel. I know, how horrible is that? I really, really need to remedy this, and maybe this is the novel to get started with. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I also had a late start with her books as well. She already had so many people screaming and raving about her books when I decided to read them all last summer, not too long ago right? You're not alone, haha. Yes, I'd definitely recommend starting with this one because it's short and sweet, and will just grab you in, pushing you to buy more of her books. xD

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!